SGG MASTERGLASS is manufactured by casting and rolling the glass between two moulded cylinders. This extremely precise process leaves a crisp, textured effect on the glass. One face of the glass is texture and the other is smooth.
What is it?
The SGG MASTERGLASS range comprises five patterns, designed to create a sophisticated environment in which to live. The shiny geometric patterns are printed onto the glass, and appear transparent on a translucent matte base.
Where can you use it?
The full SGG MASTERGLASS range brings style and brilliance to any application and is ideal for:
- Interior fittings and decoration
- Shower screens
This new generation glass can be incorporated in any type of residential and professional projects (offices, shops, hotels and restaurants).
SGG MASTERGLASS is intended for a wide variety of applications:
- Fixed or sliding partitions
- All-glass doors and framed doors
- Windows and glazing in façades
- Shower and bath screens
- Furniture (cabinet doors, tables, counters, shelves)
- Indoor and outdoor guarding
- Balcony screens
- Stair treads, floor panels
- Street furniture.
- Capturing light and emitting attractive aesthetic effects, the high degree of translucency optimises light levels whilst providing subtle obscuration for privacy and screening.
- The MASTERGLASS designs are exclusive to Saint-Gobain Glass and they inspire a fresh approach to any glass applications.
The SGG MASTERGLASS range comprises five patterns, which offer a fresh approach to modern architecture.
Light and privacy
SGG MASTERGLASS glass catches light creating attractive effects. Its special translucency provides maximum light
while maintaining the privacy of areas and people.
Combining appearance and safety
Designed to be toughened or laminated, SGG MASTERGLASS can meet all safety requirements
The SGG MASTERGLASS range comprises 5 patterns:
The distinctive geometric patterns are embossed on a translucent, matt substrate.
For locations and applications requiring safety glass, SGG MASTERGLASS can be used in either toughened or laminated form or it can be combined with many other products from the Saint-Gobain Glass range to prevent heat loss, or protection against excess noise.
Light transmittance 84% to 89% depending on the pattern (6 mm thickness). These values correspond to a light transmittance which is mainly diffused.
Full spectrophotometric performance:
- for single glazing
- in SGG CLIMAPLUS double-glazed units, with SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL low-emissivity glass.
(1) Translucent textured glass with light diffusing patterns. The values indicated are all according to standard EN140 even though this is not strictly applied to this glass. These values apply to: SGG MASTER-CARRE, SGG MASTER-LIGNE, SGG MASTER-POINT, SGG MASTER-RAY and SGG MATER-LENS; they are approximate values, and may vary slightly for each product.
Processed Product Variations
SGG MASTERGLASS glass is suitable for all types of processing:
- Cutting and edgework
- Safety: toughened and laminated* double-glazed units
- Acoustic laminated glass*
- Silvered: SGG MIRALITE CONTRAST
- Enamelled: SGG EMALIT CONTRAST
* For laminated glass, the patterned side must face the outside of the assembly. Only SGG MASTER-CARRE and SGG MASTER-POINT can be laminated (always 4 mm).
SGG MASTERGLASS must be installed in accordance with current national safety standards and regulations.
As for all textured glasses, SGG MASTERGLASS has a pattern direction. For a uniform appearance, adjacent panes should all be cut and glazed in the same pattern direction. Special care must be taken when cutting glass panes where continuity of pattern is important.
For external applications, please contact SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS
STANDARDS AND REGULATION
SGG MASTERGLASS is a patterned glass and all quality aspects conform to standard BS EN 572-5. It will receive CE marking when it is officially in force.