SGG PLANITHERM® ULTRA N/NII
SGG PLANITHERM ULTRA N is an advanced performance low-E coating, further extending the SGG PLANITHERM family, Europe's best selling low-emissivity (low-E) glass and one of the UK's leading offline low-E coating brands.
It is manufactured on our magnetron coater using a unique combination of metal oxide layers which are applied to high quality SGG PLANICLEAR clear float glass using a magnetically enhanced cathodic sputtering process under vacuum conditions.
SGG PLANITHERM ULTRA N offers superior thermal insulation properties for the most demanding of glass specifications, where neutrality and excellent performance are paramount.
- Façades and windows
- Structural glazing
- Overhead glazing
Also Suitable For Residential Solutions:
- Windows and skylights
- Patio doors, French doors and other external doors
- Conservatories and sunrooms
Enhanced Thermal Insulation
- with an optimum centre-pane U-value of 1.1W/m2K (90% argon-filled), SGG PLANITHERM ULTRA N can comfortably meet current Building Regulations by improving whole window U-values for all frame types
- particularly suited to commercial applications using steel and aluminium frames for optimum energy efficiency
- helps to reduce heating requirements
- considerable reductions in heating bills
- environmentally friendly solution, given the lower CO2 emissions associated with reduced energy consumption
Comfort & Aesthetics
- helps to eliminates cold areas around windows resulting in greater comfort
- maximises use of living and working areas
- reduces incidence of condensation on the inner pane
- neutral appearance in both transmission and reflection
- maximises entry of natural daylight
Monolithic Glass: Standard thickness: 6-8-10mm Substrate: SGG PLANICLEAR clear float
Toughened Glass: SGG PLANITHERM ULTRA N II can be toughened to meet the safety glazing performance requirements of BS EN 12150. Critically, once toughened, this product has the same thermal performance and aesthetics as annealed SGG PLANITHERM ULTRA N.
Laminated Glass: SGG STADIP, SGG STADIP PROTECT laminated glass and SGG STADIP SILENCE acoustic laminated glass in most common configurations.
SGG PLANITHERM ULTRA N must always be processed into an insulating glass unit (IGU). SGG PLANITHERM ULTRA N II must always be tempered prior to its manufacture within the IGU. For full processing and handling guidelines, please request a copy of the detailed "Guidance for Use low-E Coated Glass" documents and accompanying summary brochure.