SGG STADIP® PROTECT
Laminated safety and security glass, SGG STADIP or SGG STADIP PROTECT, comprises two or more sheets of glass bonded together with one or more interlayers of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) film. SGG STADIP glass incorporates a single PVB sheet with a nominal thickness of 0.38 mm, distinguishing it from SGG STADIP PROTECT glass which has a minimum thickness of 0.76 mm.
Laminated glasses with different levels of safety and security can be obtained by varying the number and/or thickness of each of the components. If the glass breaks, the fragments of glass are held in place by the PVB interlayer(s). In fully framed installations the broken glass retains a residual strength while awaiting replacement.
Where can it be used
Protection against injury
- Residual stability in the event of breakage
- Retention of the object which caused the glass to break (depending on the required safety and security level) providing that it is accurately sized, installed, supported adequately and that it complies with current regulations and requirements (BS EN12600)
- SGG STADIP PROTECT has the ability to meet the P1A & P2A requirement for BS EN 356
- This laminated safety glass provides many solutions for the protection of people. If broken, the glass remains bonded to a plastic sheet and is less likely to cause injury to people or property. The plastic sheet also makes penetration more difficult.
- These glass products are designed for differing levels of protection, from vandalism to burglary
The standard SGG STADIP and SGG STADIP PROTECT range comprises two or more leaves of SGG PLANICLEAR clear glass.
• All the products described above must be installed in accordance with current national standards and regulations and our own installation instructions. Unless gasket glazed into a drained and ventilated system, particular care must be taken to protect the PVB interlayer against water ingress. Prolonged contact with water can cause the interlayer to swell and ultimately lead to delamination.
STANDARDS AND REGULATION
Products in the SGG STADIP and SGG STADIP PROTECT ranges comply with standards BS EN 12543 and BS EN 14449. They will receive CE marking when it is officially in force.
Find out more
Questions are grouped by common theme , so select the area which you require