SGG PLANITHERM® TOTAL+
New improved SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ represents the next generation of low-emissivity (low-E) coating technology and is the UK and Ireland's leading low-E coating brand. Developed specifically for the particular needs of the UK market, SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ has been optimised for Window Energy Ratings (WERs) making it one of the most energy efficient low-E glass products available today.
Using the very latest advancements in magnetron coating technology from Saint-Gobain Glass, this new coating combines much improved processing qualities and performance, whilst maintaining the excellent aesthetics that are expected from the SGG PLANITHERM range.
Discover more and find your local installer at www.planitherm.com
SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ is an extremely versatile low-E solution suitable for a wide range of domestic and commercial applications:
- Windows and skylights
- Patio doors, French doors and other external doors
- Curtain walling
- Structural glazing
- Overhead glazing
SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ offers a number of key benefits that clearly differentiate it from other low-E products, helping to give processors and window fabricators an added edge in an increasingly discerning and competitive market:
Benefits for glass processors:
- SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ is a ‘single stock’ product; the same version can be used in either annealed or toughened form. This significantly reduces stockholdings, reducing working capital, freeing up warehouse space, as well as simplifying logistics and production planning.
- the latest SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ has been developed to significantly improve its durability and ease of processing helping to ensure that finished units are of the highest quality.
- depending on the type of furnace and settings, SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ may offer improved toughening cycle times and/or reduced cycle temperatures, helping to improve throughput and lower energy costs.
- as a durable, single version product, SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ can help to improve processing optimisation in terms of cutting, planning, and ‘right first time’ yields.
- produced at the Saint-Gobain Glass UK float plant in Eggborough on the magnetron coater, SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ is available in a full range of thicknesses and dimensions.
Benefits for fabricators/consumers:
• Enhanced Thermal Insulation
Double glazed units incorporating SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ offer up to three times more insulation than standard double glazing and significantly better thermal insulation compared to hard coated low-E products:
- considerable reductions in heating bills
- eliminates cold areas around windows
- maximises the amount of natural light into the home, without haze or tint effects
- helps to reduce condensation on the inner pane
- environmentally friendly solution, given the lower CO2 emissions associated with reduced energy consumption
- ensures compliance with current Building Regulations requirements for all frame types or designs
- exceptional Window Energy Rating performance thanks to the optimised balance between a very low U-value and even higher solar gain.
• Neutral Appearance
The SGG PLANITHERM coating is remarkably neutral in both transmission and reflection as opposed to traditional hard coated low-E products which typically suffer from a noticeable tint:
- white curtains remain looking white from outside
- no discolouration of Georgian bars
• Exceptional Clarity
SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ offers a high level of light transmittance, maximising the entry of natural daylight into the building. This type of coating also benefits from the lack of ‘haze effect’ commonly associated with hard coated products.
• Brand Marketing Support
By offering SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ fabricators and installers can sign up to be part of our unique PLANITHERM Installer Network, accessing a wealth of marketing support materials and tools to help differentiate their offer.
By combining SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ with other specialist glass products available from the Saint-Gobain Glass range, a multitude of high performance, multi-functional glazing solutions can be achieved.
· Solar Control Glazing: The SGG COOL-LITE family presents an extensive range of solar control solutions, designed to reduce solar heat gain, thereby reducing reliance on ventilation and air conditioning systems.
· Low-maintenance Glazing: SGG BIOCLEAN can be combined with SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ to add effective self-cleaning properties to a double glazed unit. This product combination offers a significantly more neutral and less reflective solution compared to equivalent products currently available on the market.
· Acoustic Glazing: SGG STADIP SILENCE is an acoustic PVB laminated glass, which noticeably reduces noise whilst also offering the same safety and security characteristics as laminated glass.
· Vision Control: SGG DECORGLASS is a range of traditional patterned glass with varying obscuration levels which can be combined with SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ to offer privacy in various applications. SGG MASTERGLASS (a range of contemporary geometric textured glass) and SGG SATINOVO MATT (acid-etched glass) offer further design possibilities for commercial or domestic applications
· Window Energy Ratings: Combining SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ with SGG DIAMANT low-iron glass in the outer pane can improve the energy index of a given window by further increasing solar gain.
· Anti-Condensation: SGG VIEWCLEAR® II is a neutral anticondensation coating designed to significantly reduce the number of days where external condensation may occur on an insulating glazing unit.
SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ is the ideal low-E solution for compliance with Building Regulations relating to energy efficiency in England, Wales and the Republic of Ireland (Part L), Scotland (Section 6) and Northern Ireland (Part F).
Whole Window U-values
Thanks to its superior thermal insulating performance, SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ enables a wider range of frame types and designs to meet mandatory maximum and/or area weighted average whole window U-value requirements, affording greater flexibility to architects, specifiers and fabricators.
Window Energy Ratings
With its optimised balance of very low emissivity and high solar gain new SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ is one of the most energy efficient low-E glazing product available under the BFRC window energy rating scheme. This performance advantage can help fabricators and installers comfortably meet the Window Energy Rating band C (or better) requirements of Document L of the Building Regulations using standard double glazed units for the majority of windows. Indeed many standard window designs will now achieve a minimum B rating, allowing for application to be endorsed by the Energy Savings Trust.
Full spectrophotometric data can be calculated using our CALUMEN software, which has been fully updated. The latest version (1.3.0) can be downloaded here.
SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ must always be assembled into a double or triple glazed unit. The coating is generally placed on face 3 for DGU (or face 3 / 5 for TGU), though it is possible to place the coating on face 2 without affecting the U-value. Appearance may vary slightly, so it is important to maintain consistent coating positioning throughout a particular façade.
Full guidance on handling and processing SGG PLANITHERM products can be a downloaded using the links attached.
Thanks to its optimised balance of solar gain (g-value) and thermal insulation (U-value), SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ is ideally suited to triple glazing applications. Typically the coating is positioned on face 3 and 5 of the IGU to provide the best Window Energy Rating performance. Triple-glazing also provides even more advanced thermal insulation properties with U-values as low as 0.6 W/m2K. It is recommended that the centre pane is always toughened for thermal safety reasons.