SGG ANTELIO solar control glass is manufactured by an online coating process. Applied onto SGG PLANICLEAR clear glass or SGG PARSOL body-tinted glass during the manufacture of the glass on the float line, the coating is fused by pyrolysis, which gives it a number of properties:
- Total integration with the surface of the glass
Strength and stability over time, so the coating can be positioned on the outer face (face 1) or the inner face (face 2) of the glass
- Solar control properties and a reflective appearance
• Offices and commercial buildings
• Schools and industrial buildings
• Apartment blocks
SGG ANTELIO glass can be used in most types of façade:
- Windows in traditional façades
- Curtain walling
- Exterior structural sealant glazing
- Exterior glass bolted assemblies
- Double-glazed applications (coating on face 2 or on face 1)
• High light transmittance: good natural lighting of internal areas
• Reduces solar heat gain: savings in air conditioning
• Many design options for architects: increased architectural creativity using curved, enamelled or screen-printed SGG ANTELIO
• Uniform appearance of facades: using the same SGG ANTELIO enamelled in spandrel panels gives a uniform appearance between vision and non-vision areas
Four different variations:
- SGG ANTELIO CLEAR on SGG PLANICLEAR clear glass
- SGG ANTELIO SILVER on SGG PLANICLEAR clear glass
- SGG ANTELIO EMERALD on SGG PARSOL GREEN body-tinted glass
- SGG ANTELIO BRONZE on SGG PARSOL BRONZE body-tinted glass
All the products can be used in façades, with the coating on face 1 or face 2:
- On face 1, the façade has a more reflective and uniform appearance producing true and vibrant reflections of the surrounding environment
- On face 2, its appearance and reflection is generally softer and the colour of the base glass is more apparent and accentuates the features of the façade
The spectrophotometric performance for SGG ANTELIO glass is given:
- For single glazing
- In SGG CLIMALIT double-glazed units, combined with SGG PLANILUX clear float glass
- In SGG CLIMAPLUS enhanced thermal insulation double-glazed units with SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL low-emissivity glass
Processed Product Variations
Although the main function of SGG ANTELIO is solar control, after processing it may also be incorporated into a single or double-glazed unit for multifunctional glazing.
• SGG ANTELIO coatings do not need to be edge-deleted
• The coating can be positioned on face 2 or face 1 of a double-glazed unit
• SGG CLIMAPLUS SOLAR double-glazed units with enhanced thermal insulation are assembled using SGG ANTELIO combined with a low-emissivity glass such as SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL
Toughened glass, heat-strengthened glass, heat-soak test treatment
The SGG ANTELIO coating is designed to withstand toughening and heat strengthening operations or to undergo the heat-soak test, without altering the appearance or performance of the glass. However, when this glass has been toughened or heat-strengthened, it can no longer be cut, edgeworked or drilled. It is therefore essential that these processes are performed before the glass is toughened or heat-strengthened.
SGG ANTELIO can be curved.
SGG ANTELIO can be laminated. The coating is normally positioned on the outer face of the laminated glass. The coating may only be facing the PVB interlayer after consulting our technical department. The specifier must approve and validate the colour differences between laminated and non-laminated SGG ANTELIO.
Edgeworking and drilling
SGG ANTELIO glass can be edgeworked and drilled using standard equipment. This also applies to SGG ANTELIO for SGG POINT exterior bolted glass applications.
• SGG ANTELIO can be enamelled on the non-coated side ( SGG EMALIT EVOLUTION).
• Enamelling can only be carried out on the coated side for specific applications and only after a large sample has been approved.
It is possible to apply an enamelled pattern to SGG ANTELIO by screen-printing (on the non-coated side). However it is not possible to apply an SGG ANTELIO coating to a screen-printed glass.
Opacification for spandrel areas
SGG ANTELIO glass can be opacified by enamelling (see above)
As with any coated glass, SGG ANTELIO may distort reflected images to some degree, especially when toughened, assembled into a double-glazed unit, channel glazed etc. Depending on the distance, the angle of observation and the ratio of lighting, the appearance of the glass may show slight variations inherent to the product.
• Installation position: the positioning of the coating on either face 1 or face 2 is determined by the performance and appearance required. Coating on face 2 is recommended:
- in areas where there is a high level of atmospheric pollution
- when SGG ANTELIO is exposed to water running off non-waterproofed concrete
- when SGG ANTELIO is used in overhead glazing
• In all cases SGG ANTELIO glass must be installed in accordance with general installation recommendations and current national regulations
• SGG ANTELIO can be installed in exterior glass bolted assemblies
• SGG ANTELIO can be installed in exterior structural sealant glazing
• Processors and installers must check in advance that all glazing mastics and sealants used are compatible with the coating. This includes assembly into double-glazed units, standard installation or use in exterior structural sealant glazing
• SGG ANTELIO glass, produced and processed in Saint-Gobain Glass factories and subsidiaries, complies with the requirements of class A of European standard BS EN1096 and carries the relevant CE mark as required
• Exterior structural sealant glazing: processors and installers must check the compatibility of sealants with the SGG ANTELIO coating and their suitability for use in exterior structural sealant glazing in accordance with EOTA (European Organisation for Technical Approvals) ETAG002.
The suitability of SGG ANTELIO for use in exterior structural sealant glazing has been tested in accordance with ETAG002, with Dow-Corning DC993 and DC3362 silicones covered by an ETA (European Technical Approval).