SGG PRIVA-LITE is supplied and installed by Glassolutions (part of Saint-Gobain).
For more information visit http://glassolutions.co.uk/en-gb/products/priva-lite
Or call: 024 7654 7400 and ask for the FDS Team.
SGG PRIVA-LITE is a laminated glass containing a liquid crystal (LC) film assembled between at least two plastic interlayers. The liquid crystals align when the electrical current (100 VAC) is switched on, causing the glass to turn transparent instantly. When the power is switched off, the glass has a naturally opaque appearance, blocking vision (total privacy), yet permitting light to pass through (translucent).
Where can it be used?
Any interior area where there is a need for both obscuration or transparency depending on the circumstances, for example, screens, glass doors, partitions, room-dividers, kiosks, security (e.g. banks), conference rooms, cubicles etc.
Partitions to ensure privacy at will, for meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, entrance halls or security checkpoints (banks, hospitals, post offices, police stations, etc)
- Back-projection screen
- Swinging or sliding door with the view temporarily obstructed
- Floor or ceiling tiles (under certain conditions)
- Advertising or branding on buildings at certain times of the day (dynamic façades or display windows).
- Partitions, doors and sliding doors, floor panels, counters, display cases, bank screens etc.
- Back projection screens/multi-media walls.
- Windows, single or double glazed facades (please contact SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS for advice)
- Opaque back projection screens/multi-media walls.
You can view some of our most prestigious projects by visiting http://glassolutions.co.uk/en-gb/products/priva-lite
- Transparency or privacy instantaneously at will
- Safety and security of laminated glass
- Improved noise reduction, particularly useful for partitions or doors.
- Low electricity consumption
- Less need for blinds or curtains
- Can be back projected
- Easy to maintain, just like ordinary glass.
- Instant transparency or privacy at the flick of a switch.
- Laminated security glass (11 mm = P4A BS EN 356).
- Very low electrical consumption: 24 VA/m2.
- Filters 99% of UV light.
- The light diffusing properties of the liquid crystals enable the glass to be used as a back projection screen.
SGG PRIVA-LITE can be manufactured in single or double-glazing form with most glasses from the SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS range. SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS supplies the following:
Minimum thickness: 7 mm (33.2 or 6.4 mm)
Standard thickness: 11 mm (55.2 or 10.8mm on extra clear glass)
Maximum dimensions: 1000 x 3000 mm
Minimum dimensions: 305 x 405 mm
- Transformers for: 3.5 m2, 10 m2 and 20 m2 areas (relays must be provided for the 20 m2 size).
- Bayer Multisil silicone: this is the only silicone that can be used.
- Shielded cables: outer cross-section 2.8 mm2.
Shipping crate designed form road/air/sea transportation.
SGG PRIVA-LITE is available in a variety of colours and shapes.
Light transmittance of SGG PRIVA-LITE 10.8 mm (extra clear):
- Transparent state: 77% (ON)
- Translucent state: 76% (OFF)
- SGG PRIVA-LITE must be glazed by recommended installers who have received specialist training.
- Installers must follow the SGG PRIVA-LITE assembly instructions strictly, in order to maintain the validity of the guarantee.
- Installers must use electricians for the 230 volt wiring.
STANDARDS AND REGULATION
- The glass and its electrical installation principle have been tested in accordance with standards BS EN 550146-2 and BS EN 60335-1, and are certified.
- Degree of protection of the transformer: IP 42.
- Degree of protection of the glass: IP 43.
Find out more
Questions are grouped by common theme , so select the area which you require