SGG BIOCLEAN® Azura+
The roof glass range from Saint-Gobain Building Glass offers five different options to suit a range of comfort requirements. All products in the range come complete with low maintenance self-cleaning coating, BIOCLEAN, while all '+' products (Azura+, Aqua+ and Natura+) will also benefit from a high solar control performance.
- Attractive blue colour complements both your interior and the natural aesthetic of the sky
- Reflects and absorbs up to 83% of the sun's heat, reducing the need for costly air conditioning and blinds that will obscure your view
- Blue tint and solar control coating absorb and reflect the sun's heat and light reducing heat build up and uncomfortable glare
- Reduces the bleaching effect of the sun by blocking 92% of the sun's UV rays, prolonging the life of your conservatory furniture and soft furnishings
- BIOCLEAN coating means glass stays cleaner for longer and is easier to maintain
- Ongoing cost savings - lower air conditioning and cleaning bills
- Reduces noise impact of rain compared to polycarbonate roof panels
- Conservatory roofs
- A glass roof dramatically improves the vision area from within, opening up more views, allowing in more natural light and instantly giving any conservatory a wow factor
- A dramatic reduction in the noise of falling rain with a glass roof
- Each of the tint options has a character to suit your own
- Stays cleaner and mould free longer • Better thermal insulation (when combined with PLANITHERM 4S) compared to 25mm polycarbonate with a glass roof
BIOCLEAN - Low maintenance self-cleaning coating
Spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your surroundings.
How does it work?
BIOCLEAN is a revolutionary low maintenance self-cleaning coating that is applied to all our conservatory roof glass as part of the manufacturing process and will therefore last the lifetime of the pane.
There are two processes at work in our low maintenance self-cleaning glass. Firstly, the special coating harnesses natural daylight which triggers the breakdown of the dirt and grime on the outer surface of the glass.
Secondly, when rainwater hits the glass, rather than forming droplets it sheets across the surface of the glass helping to wash way the loosened dirt and grime. This sheeting effect also minimises spots and streaks by helping the glass to dry more quickly and evenly.
SOLAR CONTROL - High performance solar control coating
Helping you maximise the use of your conservaotry by keeping the interior cooler.
The glass used in our Azura+, Aqua+ and Natura+ conservatory roof glazing products has an additional versatile solar control function along with the BIOCLEAN low maintenance self-cleaning function, to help prevent the build-up of heat during hot summer months.
How does it work?
The solar control coating is able to reflect the heat from the sun back outside of the conservatory, significantly reducing the amount of heat that can pass into your conservatory and resulting in a more comfortable living space all year round.
Our solar control coated glass can then be combined with PLANITHERM 4S glass on the inner pane to create a conservatory roof with maximum thermal insulation for the winter months.