SGG COOL-LITE® XTREME 50/22 II
- A high light transmission of 47% to maximise brighter interiors and natural lighting.
- A low solar factor of only 0.21 helps reduce the need for air conditioning.
- An excellent centre pane U-value of 1.0W/m2K making it an ideal product for energy savings and improved thermal insulation.
- A high degree of neutrality both in transmission and exterior reflection.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 50/22 II is the latest innovation in high performance solar control coatings. The coating is applied to SGG PLANICLEAR as standard.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 50/22 II offers the neutral aesthetics & high performance solar control on a ‘to be toughened’ triple silver product with the unique postioning of being the most selective triple silver coating available on the market with a selectivity of 2.24.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 50/22 II is available in a 6000mm x 3210mm size and in a thickness of 6mm. Additional sizes and 8mm & 10mm thicknesses are also available on request.
For optimum performance and aesthetics SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 50/22 II must be edge-deleted and should always be positioned on face 2 of a double-glazed unit.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 50/22 II must always be toughened or heat-strengthened before assembly into a double-glazed unit with the coated surface to the inside of the external pane.
Please see the SGG COOL-LITE XTREME handling guidelines for more information
For optimum performance SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 50/22 II must be glazed with the coating on face 2 (facing towards the interior of the building).
- SGG COOL-LITE must be glazed in accordance with current national standards. The setting and location of the glass, the permitted deflection for the frames of insulated glass units and the dimensions of channels are not specific to SGG COOL-LITE glass.
- SGG COOL-LITE glass can be installed in exterior bolted glass assemblies.
- SGG COOL-LITE glass can be installed in exterior structural sealant glazing.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME coatings are always edge-deleted and must be assembled into a double-glazed unit. As a result the appearance around the edge must be considered.
Glass processors and installers must check that all mastics and sealants are compatible with the coating, both for assembly into double-glazing and for traditional installation or use in exterior structural sealant glazing.
Like all coated glass, SGG COOL-LITE may distort reflected images to some extent, especially if it is toughened, installed into a double-glazed unit, channel-glazed, etc. The appearance of the glass may show some variations inherent to the product, depending on the distance and angle of observation and the ratio of internal and external lighting of the building.
Likewise, as with all coated solar control glasses, slight variations in the reflected colour are considered to be normal.
For further information, see the document entitled " SGG COOL-LITE, Instructions for use".
STANDARDS AND REGULATION
SGG COOL-LITE coated glass produced and processed in Saint-Gobain Building Glass factories and subsidiaries complies with the requirements of European standard BS EN1096.
- SGG COOL-LITE ST and SGG COOL-LITE CLASSIC comply with the requirements of class B of standard BS EN1096.
- SGG COOL-LITE K and SK comply with the requirements of class C of standard BS EN1096.
- Exterior structural sealant glazing: processors and installers must check the compatibility of sealants with the SGG COOL-LITE coating and their suitability for use in exterior structural sealant glazing in accordance with EOTA (European Organisation for Technical Approvals) ETAG002.
The suitability of SGG COOL-LITE CLASSIC and SGG COOL-LITE ST coatings for use in exterior structural sealant glazing has been tested, in accordance with ETAG002, with Dow-Corning DC993 and DC3362 silicones covered by an ETA (European Technical Approval).
These tests do not apply to SGG COOL-LITE K, KT and SK coatings as they must be edge-deleted before assembly into double-glazed units.