SGG COOL-LITE® SKN 165/165 II
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 165/165 II is a solar control glass, which blocks up to 66% of solar heat by reflecting it to the outside. It can be for use in residential or commercial buildings alike, either for façades or overhead glazing. Due to the unique properties of the coatings, they are ideally suited to applications requiring annealed and toughened or heat-strengthened glass.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 165/165 II is a solar control glass coating applied to SGG PLANICLEAR. The coating allows the light through while reducing the solar heat, making it ideal for commercial glazing where high levels of light transmittance coupled with a low solar factor are required.
Ideal for offices, hotels, restaurants, schools, hospitals and many other commercial buildings.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN can be installed in many glazing applications:
- Curtain walling
- Exterior structural sealant glazing
- Exterior bolted glass assemblies
- Double-skin applications
- Cladding of external walls
Overhead and atria glazing
For further information on the processed product variations, such as laminating, curving and toughening please look at the Processing of SGG COOL-LITE SKN/SKN II page.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 165 is also available in laminated versions which can add the following benefits:
- Acoustic benefits – Optimise sound insulation and improve acoustic performance
- Safety benefits – Protect against accidental and wilful damage
- Security - Can achieve P1A & P2A Accreditations for BS EN 356
- UV filtration - Protects furnishings from fading from UV light
STADIP PROTECT is a laminated safety glass which offers security against attack. It consists of two or more sheets of glass bonded together with one or more interlayers of PVB.
STADIP SILENCE is a high performing acoustic glass which can optimise sound insulation by combining two panes of glass with a PVB interlayer.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 165/165 II: the performance of the most frequently used references is given in double-glazed units, combined with a SGG PLANICLEAR clear glass on the inner pane.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 165/165 II balances the advantages of a high performance and very neutral appearance, whilst SGG COOL-LITE STADIP SKN 165 combines this with the safety and/or acoustic properties of our SGG STADIP product range:
- High light transmittance of 61%
- Low g-value of 0.34
- Excellent thermal insulation with U-value of 1.0W/m2K
- High degree of neutrality both in transmission and exterior reflection