SGG COOL-LITE® SKN 174/174 II
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 174 / 174 II is a solar control glass with high light transmittance and excellent solar factor.
This coating has the highest light transmittance of the SGG COOL-LITE SKN range but also reduces solar heat transmittance by up to 59%. The high amount of light it lets through makes it the most neutral in appearance within the range.
The selectivity of the product allows architects and specifiers to utilise large areas of glazing and create bright, airy spaces while keeping the solar heat to manageable levels.
Due to the unique properties of the coating, it is suitable for applications which require annealed as well as toughened or heat-strengthened glass.
Ideal for offices, hotels, restaurants, schools, hospitals and many other commercial buildings.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN can be installed in many glazing applications:
- Curtain walling
- Exterior structural sealant glazing
- Exterior bolted glass assemblies
- Double-skin applications
- Cladding of external walls
- Overhead and atria glazing
For further information on the processed product variations, such as laminating, curving and toughening please look at the Processing of SGG COOL-LITE SKN/SKN II page.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 174 is also available in laminated versions which can add the following benefits:
- Acoustic benefits – Optimise sound insulation and improve acoustic performance
- Safety benefits – Protect against accidental and wilful damage
- Security - Can achieve P1A & P2A Accreditations for BS EN 356
- UV filtration – Protects furnishings from fading from UV light
STADIP PROTECT is a laminated safety glass which offers security against attack. It consists of two or more sheets of glass bonded together with one or more interlayers of PVB.
STADIP SILENCE is a high performing acoustic glass which can optimise sound insulation by combining two panes of glass with a PVB interlayer.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 174/174 II: the performance of the most frequently used references is given in double-glazed units, combined with a SGG PLANICLEAR clear glass on the inner pane.
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 174/174 II balances the advantages of a high performance and very neutral appearance, whilst SGG COOL-LITE STADIP SKN 174 combines this with the safety and/or acoustic properties of our SGG STADIP product range.:
- High light transmittance of 69%
- Low g-value of 0.41
- Excellent thermal insulation with U-value of 1.1W/m2K
- High degree of neutrality both in transmission and exterior reflection