SGG DECORGLASS is a patterned glass which has a texture printed onto its surface. Available in a wide range of patterns and colours, it provides an infinite choice of styles and variations. A piece of clear or tinted molten glass is passed between two rollers, which emboss the pattern into the sheet, providing a highly durable finish.
Where can you use it?
The SGG DECORGLASS range is highly flexible and is designed for use in a wide range of applications, where that special touch is required.
SGG DECORGLASS is ideal for creating bright and private spaces.
SGG DECORGLASS offers an extensive range of designs, colours and textures that are suitable for the decoration of residential or commerical premises:
- Shower and bath screens
- Furniture (office furniture, table tops, countertops, shelves)
- Street furniture.
SGG DECORGLASS subtly transmits and diffuses light, creating interior ambiances for all styles: conventional, modern or contemporary.
Light and privacy
SGG DECORGLASS separates areas, whilst providing maximum light and privacy. This helps to:
- Give the feeling of increased space in smaller living areas by diffusing and spreading light
- Create a relaxed and intimate atmosphere by screening direct sight or vision.
Easy to maintain
- SGG DECORGLASS is easy to keep clean.
• Each distinctive pattern offers a different level of obscuration, providing privacy without sacrificing natural light.
• SGG DECORGLASS can help to give an impression of space and provides a personalised and timeless effect to all environments.
SGG DECORGLASS is a range of clear, body-tinted or wired glass, which can be combined with a number of other products from the Saint-Gobain range to allow you to benefit from the many different solutions available, from enhanced acoustic protection to bespoke enamelled designs.
SGG DECORGLASS clear: from 80% to 90% depending on the pattern and thickness.
SGG DECORGLASS clear wired: approximately 80%.
A large percentage of the light is transmitted by means of diffusion.
Each patterned glass reference is categorised by a visual screening coefficient i.e. facilitating the selection of a suitable pattern to achieve the desired level of obscuration.
Heat transmittance coefficient
U-value = 5.7 W/m2K
SGG DECORGLASS WIRED must not be installed above a direct source of heat. If the glass is installed in a damp environment or if it is subjected to high levels of atmospheric pollution, the edges of the glass must be treated and sealed to prevent oxidisation.
STANDARDS AND REGULATION
SGG DECORGLASS must be installed in accordance with safety standards and current national regulations. For a uniform appearance, adjacent panes should all be cut and glazed in the same pattern direction.
Depending on the pattern reference and thicknesses SGG DECORGLASS can be:
- Silvered ( SGG MIRALITE CONTRAST) or enamelled ( SGG EMALIT CONTRAST)
- Toughened or laminated* for safety purposes
- Assembled into double-glazed units for thermal insulation
- Incorporated into SGG STADIP SILENCE acoustic PVB safety laminated glass*
* the patterned side must face the outside of the assembly.
Find out more
Questions are grouped by common theme , so select the area which you require