SGG COOL-LITE® XTREME 60/28 II
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 60/28 II is a high performance solar control coating and forms part our XTREME triple-silver solar control product range, which offer the highest selectivity (the ratio of visible light to solar heat gain) in the SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS range.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 60/28 II is an extremely selective solar control coating for use in the commercial and high end building market. Due to the high performance of the coating, it is ideally suited to façade or overhead glazing in applications requiring annealed and toughened or heat treated glass.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 60/28 II sets a new standard in high selectivity solar control, while retaining the very neutral aesthetics associated with the SGG COOL-LITE range with:
- a high light transmission to create brighter interiors and year round natural lighting
- a low solar factor to reduce the burden on costly air-conditioning
- an excellent U-value of 1.0W/m2K making it the ideal product for energy savings and improved thermal insulation
- a high degree of neutrality both in transmission and exterior reflection SGG COOL-LITE XTREME can be used to create more comfortable interiors by reducing overheating in the summer and heat loss in the winter, while retaining an extremely neutral appearance.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 60/28 II is available from SGG UK in 6000mm x 3210mm and 2000mm x 3210mm dimensions in 6mm thickness, with 8mm and 10mm on request.
For optimum performance and aesthetics SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 60/28 II coating must be edge-deleted and should always be positioned on face 2 of a double-glazed unit.
SGG COOL-LITE XTREME 60/28 II must always be toughened or heat-strengthened before assembly into a double-glazed unit with the coated surface to the inside of the external pane.
Please see the SGG COOL-LITE XTREME II handling guidelines for more information
In facades, SGG COOL-LITE coatings must be glazed with the coating on face 2 (facing towards the interior of the building) for optimum performance.
• SGG COOL-LITE must be glazed in accordance with current national standards. The setting and location of the glass, the permitted deflection for the frames of insulated glass units and the dimensions of channels are not specific to SGG COOL-LITE glass.
• SGG COOL-LITE glass can be installed in exterior bolted glass assemblies.
• SGG COOL-LITE glass can be installed in exterior structural sealant glazing.
• SGG COOL-LITE XTREME coatings are always edge-deleted and must be assembled into a double-glazed unit. As a result the appearance around the edge must be considered.
• Glass processors and installers must check that all mastics and sealants are compatible with the coating, both for assembly into double-glazing and for traditional installation or use in exterior structural sealant glazing.
• Like all coated glass, SGG COOL-LITE may distort reflected images to some extent, especially if it is toughened, installed into a double-glazed unit, channel-glazed, etc. The appearance of the glass may show some variations inherent to the product, depending on the distance and angle of observation and the ratio of internal and external lighting of the building.
• Likewise, as with all coated solar control glasses, slight variations in the reflected colour are considered to be normal.
For further information, see the document entitled " SGG COOL-LITE, Instructions for use".
STANDARDS AND REGULATION
SGG COOL-LITE coated glass produced and processed in Saint-Gobain Glass factories and subsidiaries complies with the requirements of European standard BS EN1096.
• SGG COOL-LITE ST and SGG COOL-LITE CLASSIC comply with the requirements of class B of standard BS EN1096.
• SGG COOL-LITE K and SK comply with the requirements of class C of standard BS EN1096.
• Exterior structural sealant glazing: processors and installers must check the compatibility of sealants with the SGG COOL-LITE coating and their suitability for use in exterior structural sealant glazing in accordance with EOTA (European Organisation for Technical Approvals) ETAG002.
The suitability of SGG COOL-LITE CLASSIC and SGG COOL-LITE ST coatings for use in exterior structural sealant glazing has been tested, in accordance with ETAG002, with Dow-Corning DC993 and DC3362 silicones covered by an ETA (European Technical Approval).
These tests do not apply to SGG COOL-LITE K, KT and SK coatings as they must be edge-deleted before assembly into double-glazed units.