House Windows - Safety & Security for House windows
Saint-Gobain Glass offer a range of glass allowing you to fill interiors with light whilst offering total safety and security.
Safety glass, which can either be toughened or laminated depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely thus protecting against the risk of serious injury.
Enhanced security glass helps protect against break-in attempts or vandalism by delaying or even preventing penetration through the glass in the event of forced break in or damage.
How does it work
There are two glass types available to protect against the risk of injury. The choice is made depending on where and how the glazing is being used.
Safety glass has many benefits:
- Toughened glass : Avoids potential cuts and injuries as a result of broken glass (for example used in doors, table tops, shower screens etc).
- Laminated glass: Laminated glass: assembled using a single plastic film.
- Basic Protection: Provides protection against the risk of injuries due to accidental breakage (for example windows or patio doors).
Enhanced Protection: Provides protection against a change in level (e.g. balconies or guarding) and objects falling on to or penetrating the glass (e.g. glass roofs and canopies).
- The pieces of glass stay in place, stuck to the plastic interlayers, until a replacement arrives.
- Safety Glass: For safe breakage or overhead glazing. Can be combined with other glass functions for additional comfort: security, thermal insulation, acoustic insulation, low-maintenance and decorative glass.
- Gain peace of mind from the added security of your windows.
- You remain safe and secure around glazed areas.
- Hinder or even prevent entry by potential burglars.